If you would like to come to our service 2-3pm on Sundays, please note the following:
- Do not come if you have any of the symptoms of Covid-19, including high temperature, persistent cough, loss of taste or smell etc.
- You need to book in advance, please do not just turn up and once we are at capacity, no one else will be able to come.
- The doors will not be open until 15 minutes before the service in order to reduce the length of time we are in contact with one another. This means that if you arrive early you can remain in your car rather than needing to stand and queue.
- If you arrive after 5 minutes before the service, your seat may have been reallocated to someone who has noticed we are open for worship and who wishes to join the service.
- Everyone will need to observe social distancing. There can be no handshaking, hugging, kissing or physical contact at all.
- Stewards will direct you to a seat (you cannot necessarily sit in your favourite seat, please sit where you have been asked). There is also a one-way system in place in the church building. Please keep to it without exception.
- The wearing of masks in the building is compulsory and there will be no singing, open prayer or shouted out comments or responses.
- At the conclusion, there will be no drinks and you will be encouraged to leave the building relatively quickly.
- There will be no children or youth programmes. Children/young people are under the responsibility of their parents/guardian and should remain with them at all times.
- There are a number of hand sanitisers around the building including at the entrance and by all the toilets. Please sanitise your hands as you enter the building.
- Please use the toilets as little as possible.
- There will be an offering basket for those who wish to bring their tithe and offerings and they can be placed in the basket at the entrance before or after the service.
We recognise that this may feel a bit daunting, but we are required to follow this guidance. The reality is that it will feel very familiar to you as this is what many of us have been doing in recent weeks. Yes we are people of faith and believe in the protection of God, but in the words of Jesus when tempted by Satan to jump, responded: “we should not put the Lord thy God to the test.” Along with faith, God also gave us common sense. God bless
How can we serve you?
Dear Neighbour, We are very much aware of the impact the pandemic is having on people, and as a church we would like to reassure you that we care about you and are here for you.
Please do get in touch if there is anything that we can do to help you in this difficult season.God bless you
With love from us all at
Woolwich Central Baptist Church
To help us know how best to connect with you, we'd love to ask you three quick questions. You can answer confidentially
We are sad to announce that due to the coronavirus outbreak, we will not be able to gather together as usual until further notice.
Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected in our community, our nation and our world, including the WSUP community group who usually use our hall.
We will be in touch soon about creative ways we can use technology to connect together during this period...
Main service: Sunday 10:30am
Welcome to Woolwich Central Baptist Church, a Baptist church in Woolwich, South East London.
Please use this site to find out more about Woolwich Central's beliefs, how we serve Woolwich and other areas, how we can serve you, and to find out where we are.
Whatever your experience with Christians or Church in the past, you will find Woolwich Central is a warm and welcoming family committed to living the love of Jesus.
If you have never had any contact with Woolwich Central before, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We work with people of all ages from 0 to 120 so there is definitely a way we can serve you or you can fellowship with us.
We thank you for visiting our site.
Hope to see you soon,
The Woolwich Central family.
A bit about the church
Our church is a group of people that want to worship God in Woolwich. Our Christian faith means that we care about where we live and aim to serve our community as best we can, however we can. Our church has a wide range of ages, ethnicity, backgrounds and experiences, but we come together because of our faith in Jesus. Everyone is welcome at Woolwich Central!
Our services usually last an hour, and will include songs and hymns, bible readings and a sermon. The general mood of the church is relaxed. You will be invited to join in as you feel able, if you want to come and simply rest on the back row of chairs - you are more than welcome. You will be given the opportunity to think through bits of the bible in creative ways, in discussion and quiet contemplation.
Children are especially welcome on Sunday mornings, but if you are ever worried about coping with an over-excitable baby in the sermon, we have a creche room with an audio link and glass wall into the church. We run a sunday school (held part way through the service) for children from 3 years old upto and including young people till they wish to join the adults.
The first Sunday of each month is a family service, so we all stay together.
The third Sunday of each month is a communion service.
Communion at Woolwich Central is for all who are seeking God, if you feel you'd like to take communion (sometimes called Mass, the Eucharist, the Lord's Supper in other churches) you are very welcome. The wine we use is non-alcoholic.
Page 1 of 2